Escaped!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Escaped!

A haven for those who have fled from the sheer idiocy of a certain site on the internet. These people have come here to be safe, debate many different topics and just have fun!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Obama is NOT a Muslim!!!1!!!

Go down 
+4
Scorpi084
Darkmoon
Vexing
jenn_smithson
8 posters
AuthorMessage
jenn_smithson
Pinko Liberal Feminazi
jenn_smithson

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-08-08

Obama is NOT a Muslim!!!1!!! Empty
PostSubject: Obama is NOT a Muslim!!!1!!!   Obama is NOT a Muslim!!!1!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 11:31 pm

Brainploding conversation went like this:
Idiot, "*siiiiiiiiiggghhhh* Well, it looks like it's down to old man river and a muslim in this election. Yep, I'm not voting."

Me, "Muslim? Who's the muslim?"

Idiot, "Obama."

Me, "Obama isn't a muslim. Isn't he part of the church of christ? That makes him a christian."

Idiot, "No, he was born muslim and once you're born muslim, you stay that way. His parents are muslim so he's a muslim too."

Me, "I don't think both of his parents were or are currently muslims. And are you claiming that whatever religion you're born into, that's the religion you always are? So if two catholics have children, those children are always catholic even if they convert when they're old enough to make up their own mind?"

Idiot, "Catholics are different. That's a completely different culture than the muslims. You don't ever stop being a muslim."

Me, "But if he grew up HERE, the US is not a muslim culture. And he does still have free will and the ability to change his mind. Even if his parents were hard-core muslims, which I don't think they were or are, then doesn't the fact that he CONVERTED indicate that he is not a muslim? that he doesn't believe in the same things that muslims do?"

Idiot, "well, uh, no, because he grew up as a muslim so he's still a muslim."

Me, "how did he grow up as a muslim if he grew up in the united states? And, again, does that mean that you remain the same religion you're born into all the time even if you convert when you're older?"

Idiot, "look the muslims are different, they believe different things and have different values. If he was a muslim at any time, then he's still carrying those beliefs around."

Me, "But that doesn't mean he still subscribes to them or believes in them particularly since he converted a long time ago. Obama's not a muslim, he's a christian. Just like every other candidate on the ticket."

Idiot, "well I still think he's a muslim. He has a muslim middle name."

Me, "*headslap* Oy. So everyone is to be punished or at the very least lied about because of the stupid things your parents name you? Really?!"

Idiot, "he could change his name if he was so interested in showing how American he is."

Me, "we're a nation of immigrants, we were founded by immigrants. If you want to talk about being truly and authentically American, then why don't you adopt a native American name?"

Idiot, "well that's just ridiculous. I'm not an indian."

!@#%@#Q$%@#$^! !@#$!@#$!@#% !@#$!#@%^ ^!#$%&*($!!!!!!!!111!!!1!1!!!!!

For the love of Maude! Someone please rescue me from the idiocy down here.
Back to top Go down
Vexing
The Tranny Hive-Mind

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Obama is NOT a Muslim!!!1!!!   Obama is NOT a Muslim!!!1!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 11:45 pm

Last edited by Vexing on Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Darkmoon
Final Fantasy Whore
Darkmoon

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2008-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Obama is NOT a Muslim!!!1!!!   Obama is NOT a Muslim!!!1!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 12:10 am

But he MUST be a Muslim if he has a parent that came from a Muslim country!! Don't you know all children are carbon copies of their parents and all Muslims are terrorists? bounce
Back to top Go down
Scorpi084
The One Who Drinks Bleedy Bear Juice
Scorpi084

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Obama is NOT a Muslim!!!1!!!   Obama is NOT a Muslim!!!1!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 1:37 am

I'm so tired of everyone acting as though there is something wrong with being a Muslim. I get the idea that he's not, and that's dandy, but the vehemence with which people deny it sometimes is just like "uh, what's that now?"
Back to top Go down
http://scorpi084.livejournal.com
iamnotanoctopus
Totally An Octopus...Or A Cupcake
iamnotanoctopus

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Obama is NOT a Muslim!!!1!!!   Obama is NOT a Muslim!!!1!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 1:49 am

Scorpi084 wrote:
I'm so tired of everyone acting as though there is something wrong with being a Muslim. I get the idea that he's not, and that's dandy, but the vehemence with which people deny it sometimes is just like "uh, what's that now?"

The problem is that the people who insist he IS a Muslim do think there's something wrong with it, namely that it's the same thing as being a terrorist. Not that I think that justifies all of us running around screaming, "IT'S OKAY, HE'S CHRISTIAN!!!!" For me, these arguments usually start off with the phrase, "I fucking hate you for making me do this."
Back to top Go down
futureshock
Gestapo Recruit

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Obama is NOT a Muslim!!!1!!!   Obama is NOT a Muslim!!!1!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 5:19 am

Please provide links!
Back to top Go down
futureshock
Gestapo Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Obama is NOT a Muslim!!!1!!!   Obama is NOT a Muslim!!!1!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 5:22 am

From Obama's website:

Obama Has Never Been A Muslim, And Is a Committed Christian

http://www.barackobama.com/factcheck/2007/11/12/obama_has_never_been_a_muslim_1.php
Back to top Go down
The Last Unicorn
The Tainted
The Last Unicorn

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Obama is NOT a Muslim!!!1!!!   Obama is NOT a Muslim!!!1!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 11:02 am

YOu can come up here to Maine Jenn.
I've had this discussion many times on SodaHeads about Obama being a muslim.
Some people will hold onto their obscure prejudices and abject stupidity no matter the evidence presented to them.
Back to top Go down
Scorpi084
Scorpi084

PostSubject: Re: Obama is NOT a Muslim!!!1!!!   Obama is NOT a Muslim!!!1!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 4:24 pm

iamnotanoctopus wrote:
Scorpi084 wrote:

The problem is that the people who insist he IS a Muslim do think there's something wrong with it, namely that it's the same thing as being a terrorist. Not that I think that justifies all of us running around screaming, "IT'S OKAY, HE'S CHRISTIAN!!!!" For me, these arguments usually start off with the phrase, "I fucking hate you for making me do this."

I understand completely why they do it. I just prefer shaming people for being racist asses. But the worst I usually get is my redneck family in West Virginia sending me e-mails.
Back to top Go down
jenn_smithson
Pinko Liberal Feminazi
jenn_smithson

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Obama is NOT a Muslim!!!1!!!   Obama is NOT a Muslim!!!1!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 8:43 pm

Scorpi084 wrote:
iamnotanoctopus wrote:
Scorpi084 wrote:

I understand completely why they do it. I just prefer shaming people for being racist asses. But the worst I usually get is my redneck family in West Virginia sending me e-mails.
This was at work so I couldn't just come out with, "you're a racist douchebag who needs to open your little eyes and little mind up to the rest of the world." I could have but I'm in management and I'm not supposed to treat employees badly, particularly about politics (and particularly since I am one of only 3 Women who hold a management position and my position is always tenuous).

I would love to shame this person and all the others who think it's okay to come into work with such small minds and then dictate their opinions to me as if I give a damn but I, unfortunately, also have to keep an eye on my job and my mouth as a Woman working in a prison.
Back to top Go down
Scorpi084
Scorpi084

PostSubject: Re: Obama is NOT a Muslim!!!1!!!   Obama is NOT a Muslim!!!1!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 11:05 pm

There are ways to say it without being an asshole, really (though that is my preferred way, since I like to be meeeeeeeen). A simple "I'm sorry, he's not a Muslim, but what difference does it make if he WERE? Silly me, thinking there were no religious tests for public office."
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Gestapo Recruit
Phoenix

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Obama is NOT a Muslim!!!1!!!   Obama is NOT a Muslim!!!1!!! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 12:05 pm

Jenn when you're posting incidents like this it's crucial that you put warnings in. The stupid caused me PHYSICAL FUCKING PAIN.

My fucking GOD how is he so dumb???????????

How can people actually think he's fucking muslim?????????/
Back to top Go down
futureshock
Gestapo Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Obama is NOT a Muslim!!!1!!!   Obama is NOT a Muslim!!!1!!! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 6:44 pm

Phoenix wrote:

How can people actually think he's fucking muslim?????????/
I can absolutely see why people believe he's Muslim. Talk radio spews this lie 24/7, all across the country. The hosts emphasize Barak's middle name every time they mention him, by saying "Barak HUSSEIN Obama".

Also, they feed on people's ignorance and say things like, since Obama's father was Muslim, he's automatically Muslim, because that's how that religion works. etc.,, etc.

Quote :
"Many months ago, readers began asking me whether Barack Obama is Muslim. Since he identifies as a Christian, I said, "no," and responded that he was not raised by his Kenyan father.

But, then, I decided to look further into Obama's background. His full name--as by now you have probably heard--is Barack Hussein Obama, Jr. Hussein is a Muslim name, which comes from the name of Ali's son--Hussein Ibn Ali. And Obama is named after his late Kenyan father, the late Barack Hussein Obama, Sr., apparently a Muslim.

And while Obama may not identify as a Muslim, that's not how the Arab and Muslim Streets see it. In Arab culture and under Islamic law, if your father is a Muslim, so are you. And once a Muslim, always a Muslim. You cannot go back. In Islamic eyes, Obama is certainly a Muslim. He may think he's a Christian, but they do not."

To read the rest, go here:
http://www.debbieschlussel.com/archives/2006/12/barack_hussein.html

I can't wait for someone to point out to these morons the hypocrisy of Americans forcing the Islamic religion on on the rest of us, by forcing us to go by Islamic law and view Obama as a Muslim, when he clearly is not.

Should we obey all of Islamic law now? If we have to say Obama is Muslim because Islam says so, what else do we have to bide by because Islam says so?
Back to top Go down
Scorpi084
Scorpi084

PostSubject: Re: Obama is NOT a Muslim!!!1!!!   Obama is NOT a Muslim!!!1!!! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 7:13 pm

OH MY GOD I HATE THAT WOMAN SO MUCH YOU DO NOT EVEN UNDERSTAND THE DEPTHS. GO DIVE OFF A CLIFF DEBBIE SCHLUSSEL.

She of the "atheists should shut up" and "atheists are terrorists!" fame. Fucking DIAF you stupid twatwaffle.

Seriously I hope she is consumed by wolves.
Back to top Go down
futureshock
Gestapo Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Obama is NOT a Muslim!!!1!!!   Obama is NOT a Muslim!!!1!!! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 10:30 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
futureshock
Gestapo Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Obama is NOT a Muslim!!!1!!!   Obama is NOT a Muslim!!!1!!! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 10:43 pm

Holy Crap, look at something else she has said:

Quote :

June 14, 2007
Study: Congressmen w/ Daughters More Likely to be Pro-Abortion . . . or Pro-Choice Congressmen More Likely to Have Slutty Daughters

Printer Friendly

By Debbie Schlussel

In a bizarre liberal study marking Father's Day, Yale researchers found that male Congressmen with daughters are more likely to vote for "reproductive rights"--the sanitized phrase for abortion:

The findings, an update to a study published last year by the National Bureau of Economic Research, also show that the more daughters a congressman had, the more likely he was to vote for reproductive rights, says Ebonya Washington, an assistant economics professor at Yale.

Her new research, not yet published, expands on an analysis she did of roll-call votes during the 105th Congress in 1997-98 when she examined family composition and compared the data with voting records compiled by other groups. She used rankings by the National Organization for Women, based on votes on 20 women's issues such as equal rights, women's safety, economic security, education, health and reproductive rights. She also reviewed voting data from the National Right to Life Committee.

Her new analysis included congressional votes through 2004 and added information from another group: the American Association of University Women. She again found voting record support for a daughter-to-father influence.

The conclusion they want you to get from this is that pro-life Congressmen are insensitive to women and don't have contact with any.

But I'd draw a different conclusion: Congressmen who are liberal are more likely to have slutty daughters. And therefore, they are more likely to support abortion for selfish, personal reasons.

Another conclusion: If you are pro-life, don't vote for candidates with daughters.

Yale's contribution to society.

Posted by Debbie at June 14, 2007 02:10 PM
http://www.debbieschlussel.com/archives/2007/06/study_congressm.html
Back to top Go down
Scorpi084
Scorpi084

PostSubject: Re: Obama is NOT a Muslim!!!1!!!   Obama is NOT a Muslim!!!1!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 12:01 am

I fucking hate her. She was on one of those awful shows they do on the "news" channels, and she spent the entire segment (of a show on the kinds of discrimination atheists face in America) saying that atheists should shut up and quit whining, and that this was a Christian nation so we have no right to this. She justified it, of course, by saying that WE were attacking THEISTS. And by attacking, she means "are no longer taking a deferential position towards". HAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obama is NOT a Muslim!!!1!!!   Obama is NOT a Muslim!!!1!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Obama is NOT a Muslim!!!1!!!
Page 1 of 1