Escaped!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Escaped!

A haven for those who have fled from the sheer idiocy of a certain site on the internet. These people have come here to be safe, debate many different topics and just have fun!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The first book is.....

Go down 
+2
Scorpi084
Phoenix
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Phoenix
Gestapo Recruit
Phoenix

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-08-11

The first book is..... Empty
PostSubject: The first book is.....   The first book is..... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 10:00 am

Lorna Doone by RD Blackmore. A classic piece of british fiction, a crime and romance novel from Days of Yore. It should be really easy to get hold of there's loads on ebay so it should be a good one to start with.

Teh roolz: finish in the next month but feel free to discuss it before then. If you're discussing certain events in the books just be aware of spoilers.
Back to top Go down
Scorpi084
The One Who Drinks Bleedy Bear Juice
Scorpi084

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: The first book is.....   The first book is..... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 2:23 pm

OMG the library downtown seems to have about five hundred copies. Woo!!
Back to top Go down
http://scorpi084.livejournal.com
iamnotanoctopus
Totally An Octopus...Or A Cupcake
iamnotanoctopus

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: The first book is.....   The first book is..... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 7:45 pm

I will probably have to sit this first one out--I'm sure I will be gainfully employed once more when we do the next one, but for now I have to hoard my scratch for food and such.
Back to top Go down
Kate
Gestapo Recruit

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2008-07-29

PostSubject: Re: The first book is.....   The first book is..... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 8:59 pm

Scorpi084 wrote:
OMG the library downtown seems to have about five hundred copies. Woo!!

Lucky you. I checked our library today and they've never even heard of it. I also checked two huge book shops but nothing. I'll try eBay tommorow.
Back to top Go down
futureshock
Gestapo Recruit

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: The first book is.....   The first book is..... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 10:17 pm

My library has 1 copy of the book and 1 copy of it on audio, so I'll go see if I can get it son.
Back to top Go down
mrslieb
Gestapo Recruit
mrslieb

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: The first book is.....   The first book is..... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 1:09 am

Here is Amazon's listing. I read this in college and am very excited to read it again.

Lorna Doone

Now I have a sudden craving for shortbread.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Gestapo Recruit
Phoenix

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: The first book is.....   The first book is..... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 1:00 pm

mrslieb wrote:
Here is Amazon's listing. I read this in college and am very excited to read it again.

Lorna Doone

Now I have a sudden craving for shortbread.

that is so weird. I've had a craving for shortbread since yesterday and I'm going to make some today. Spooky!
Back to top Go down
Kate
Gestapo Recruit

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2008-07-29

PostSubject: Re: The first book is.....   The first book is..... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 4:34 pm

Okay, I found it online and it's not expensive at all. I will most likely be ordering it this weekend. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The first book is.....   The first book is..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The first book is.....
Page 1 of 1