Escaped!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Escaped!

A haven for those who have fled from the sheer idiocy of a certain site on the internet. These people have come here to be safe, debate many different topics and just have fun!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Comparing rape to abortion...

Go down 
+5
The Last Unicorn
Kate
futureshock
Vexing
Darkmoon
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Darkmoon
Final Fantasy Whore
Darkmoon

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Comparing rape to abortion... Empty
PostSubject: Comparing rape to abortion...   Comparing rape to abortion... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 3:14 pm

I've been struggling this and I've decided that I can't let someone's own struggle stop me from expressing myself.

Rape is NOT in ANY FUCKING WAY comparable to abortion, Vexing. I was so disillusioned when I read you actually use Northstar's disgusting argument that I threw up on the floor. I didn't just delete my LJ because I was depressed: I removed you from my F-list first and then said "fuck it". Of all the people in the world, I never, ever would have expected you to be one of them that used the "woman is raping her fetus" argument. I know what you were trying to do but it was nevertheless revolting and it smacked of victim blaming and it made me literally spew chunks.

I've been violated but never by my friends. That was repulsive and I don't fucking care if you have a problem with it. You basically compared me to my own childhood rapist for refusing to bear his evil seed. I never, ever thought I'd see the day that you would say such a thing about rape victims. I deleted my LJ because I didn't want to unload there. I'm still shaking. That was a terrible thing to say, knowing you had friends that were rape survivors watching. How fucking DARE YOU compare me to my assailant?!!!

*edit: and in case you're thinking of pulling the "TS" card again, I am beyond fucking caring now. I don't care how miserable you are with your transition. You chose it and I've always supported you. That NEVER gave you an excuse to go after rape victims. NOT EVER. You do NOT get a free ride to slam rape survivors!
Back to top Go down
Vexing
The Tranny Hive-Mind

Number of posts : 122

PostSubject: Re: Comparing rape to abortion...   Comparing rape to abortion... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 10:54 pm

Last edited by Vexing on Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
futureshock
Gestapo Recruit

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Comparing rape to abortion...   Comparing rape to abortion... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 9:49 pm

And so did the lunatics on PLA treat you any differently when you made believe you were one of them?
Back to top Go down
Kate
Gestapo Recruit

Number of posts : 384

PostSubject: Re: Comparing rape to abortion...   Comparing rape to abortion... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 9:02 pm

Why does every bloody relationship just have to crumble away this year?

Fuck.
Back to top Go down
Vexing
The Tranny Hive-Mind

PostSubject: Re: Comparing rape to abortion...   Comparing rape to abortion... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 12:41 am

Last edited by Vexing on Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
futureshock
Gestapo Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Comparing rape to abortion...   Comparing rape to abortion... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 3:08 pm

This relationship shouldn't crumble, it was a misunderstanding.
Back to top Go down
Kate
Gestapo Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Comparing rape to abortion...   Comparing rape to abortion... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 3:17 pm

It jsut makes me so sad. Sad
Back to top Go down
The Last Unicorn
The Tainted
The Last Unicorn

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Comparing rape to abortion...   Comparing rape to abortion... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 3:50 pm

I am not taking sides because I love them both.
Back to top Go down
Kate
Gestapo Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Comparing rape to abortion...   Comparing rape to abortion... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 9:11 pm

The Last Unicorn wrote:

Same here.
Back to top Go down
Gwynnthiere
Beauty And Brains With A Fetish For Chains
Gwynnthiere

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: Comparing rape to abortion...   Comparing rape to abortion... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 4:09 pm

Kate wrote:
The Last Unicorn wrote:

Same here.

*nod* Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
https://escaped.forumotion.net
futureshock
Gestapo Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Comparing rape to abortion...   Comparing rape to abortion... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 7:22 pm

But there are no sides to take! Neither one did anything wrong, it was a simple misunderstanding. I hope they realize this and make up.
Back to top Go down
Darkmoon
Final Fantasy Whore
Darkmoon

Number of posts : 313

PostSubject: Re: Comparing rape to abortion...   Comparing rape to abortion... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 6:05 am

I'm not saying anything more on the matter except I do still care for Vexing but that's all.
Back to top Go down
Vexing
The Tranny Hive-Mind

PostSubject: Re: Comparing rape to abortion...   Comparing rape to abortion... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 9:37 am

Last edited by Vexing on Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Miskatonic
Gestapo Recruit
Miskatonic

Number of posts : 239

PostSubject: Re: Comparing rape to abortion...   Comparing rape to abortion... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 10:47 pm

Vexing wrote:
Darkmoon wrote:
except I do still care for Vexing but that's all.

Save it for someone who gives a shit.

Okay, fuck this. At this point, Vexing, YOU are the one carrying this on. If you're over it, if you're over Darkmoon's friendship, BE OVER IT. Bullshit primary-school retorts don't help, they don't "win", and at this point the only one "dragging you back into this" is YOU.
Back to top Go down
Vexing
The Tranny Hive-Mind

PostSubject: Re: Comparing rape to abortion...   Comparing rape to abortion... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 11:38 pm

Last edited by Vexing on Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gwynnthiere
Gwynnthiere

PostSubject: Re: Comparing rape to abortion...   Comparing rape to abortion... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 11:39 pm

Vex at this point I have to say something.

Are you ok? It seems like something much more than this is bugging you.
Back to top Go down
Vexing
The Tranny Hive-Mind

PostSubject: Re: Comparing rape to abortion...   Comparing rape to abortion... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 11:40 pm

Last edited by Vexing on Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gwynnthiere
Gwynnthiere

PostSubject: Re: Comparing rape to abortion...   Comparing rape to abortion... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 12:54 am

Well I certainly understand if you really don't want to talk about it, but we love you and we are here for you.
Back to top Go down
The Last Unicorn
The Tainted
The Last Unicorn

Number of posts : 392

PostSubject: Re: Comparing rape to abortion...   Comparing rape to abortion... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 3:58 am

Gwynnthiere wrote:
Well I certainly understand if you really don't want to talk about it, but we love you and we are here for you.

Ditto here my dear girl. I am open to you anytime you need someone to talk to.
Back to top Go down
Miskatonic
Gestapo Recruit
Miskatonic

PostSubject: Re: Comparing rape to abortion...   Comparing rape to abortion... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 5:50 am

Vexing wrote:
GOSH SO SORRY FOR BEHAVING LIKE A HUMAN BEING. I WILL NOW UNPLUG MY EMOTIONS AND GO BACK TO THE PRODUCTION LINE.

Seriously? Fuck off. That is not what I said and that is not how my comment read.

You are the one who has deleted comments because you "don't want to feed the drama" and then undeleted them.

You are the one who has said you don't give a shit, you don't want to get involved any more, you don't want to be "dragged into this".

And you are the one who still replied to Darkmoon. It wasn't necessary. It was petty. It was continuing drama YOU have said you don't want to be part of.

If, as Gwynn has asked, there are other things going down which are bugging you, you have more than enough people willing to listen and help and care about you.

But the moment at which YOU act like you're above this, THEN undelete your comments, THEN continue to reply to Darkmoon and react that way to my comment? You are not the victim. You are a voluntary participant.

I know it can be fucking hard to step away from drama. But if you don't, only YOU are dragging yourself back into this.
Back to top Go down
Vexing
The Tranny Hive-Mind

PostSubject: Re: Comparing rape to abortion...   Comparing rape to abortion... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 6:32 am

Last edited by Vexing on Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gwynnthiere
Gwynnthiere

PostSubject: Re: Comparing rape to abortion...   Comparing rape to abortion... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 3:19 pm

At this point I'm not sure we can just sit and ignore what's wrong, even if you're saying you don't want to talk about it.

The fact that you're flipping out on Misk, whom we all know you love dearly, has me very worried. Please talk to us...or to someone, Vex. Whatever it is, it's hurting you.
Back to top Go down
Negative Overload
Gestapo Recruit

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Comparing rape to abortion...   Comparing rape to abortion... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 3:36 pm

Quote :
And so did the lunatics on PLA treat you any differently when you made believe you were one of them?

I know it got lost in the maelstrom, but as far as I could tell, they didn't really treat her much different. Most of them still acted like she was as pro-choice as ever, and most were too busy calling her a man and other stupid hateful shit like that to really notice anyway.

Vex, hon, I'm just tossing my love into the mix here for you, and offering my support as well for whatever shit life's dumping on you currently. Take care of your lovely self, all right?

-----------------------
And say hi to Starscream for me.
Back to top Go down
futureshock
Gestapo Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Comparing rape to abortion...   Comparing rape to abortion... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 5:44 am

Is this conversation going on somewhere else? Because just reading this thread, it looks like this:

Vex said she was going to lie on PLA and try to make the idiots over there think she was agreeing with them.
Darkmoon didn't see this or forgot about it.
Vex makes aforementioned statements on PLA.
Darkmoon reads them and thinks Vex actually really means them, and gets irate.
Vex reminds Darkmoon about the fact that she was going to purposefully lie on PLA, and that she didn't really believe anything she was saying.

Maybe some of you can see why from here, this looks like a simple misunderstanding and I don't know why Darkmoon doesn't just say, "Oops! My bad," Sorry about flipping out on you Vex, but I really believed you when you wrote those things on PLA!"

And then the two of them break into a fit of laughter over the hilarity of the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
Miskatonic
Gestapo Recruit
Miskatonic

PostSubject: Re: Comparing rape to abortion...   Comparing rape to abortion... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 7:18 am

futureshock wrote:
Maybe some of you can see why from here, this looks like a simple misunderstanding and I don't know why Darkmoon doesn't just say, "Oops! My bad," Sorry about flipping out on you Vex, but I really believed you when you wrote those things on PLA!"

And then the two of them break into a fit of laughter over the hilarity of the whole thing.

I have no idea what Darkmoon's reaction is, but I would offer an alternative: Saying you think an abortion is comparable to raping someone, EVEN IF you're "pretending", is still going to be really fucking hurtful to some people.

Vexing, you have got to be deliberately missing my point; the only person forcing YOU to read this thread and continue replying, is YOU. You keep saying you don't want to talk about it, you don't want to be dragged into this ... and then try to guilt-trip me for not bringing it up?

Tell you what, capslock-rage all you like to this. I'm over trying to explain this to you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Comparing rape to abortion...   Comparing rape to abortion... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Comparing rape to abortion...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Escaped! :: General :: Rants!-
Jump to: