Escaped!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Escaped!

A haven for those who have fled from the sheer idiocy of a certain site on the internet. These people have come here to be safe, debate many different topics and just have fun!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Of all the times to be polite ...

Go down 
+2
Darkmoon
Miskatonic
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Miskatonic
Gestapo Recruit
Miskatonic

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Of all the times to be polite ... Empty
PostSubject: Of all the times to be polite ...   Of all the times to be polite ... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 1:26 am

Dear Person,

I do not like you. We are not friends. I take no particular pains to even be pleasant to you. I am friends with YOUR FIANCE, NOT YOU. So why why why why WHY have you invited me to your hen's night? I know *I* would not look forward to spending an evening in your company, so I cannot imagine why you would even WANT me there, except that you seem to basically be inviting every single female you know ... FUCK, it would just be a lot easier if you'd maintained your normal air of self-centredness to the point of ridicule.

It would have been SO MUCH MORE PLEASANT for everyone involved. But no, now we have to have the cards-on-the-table, probably-not-even-attending-your-wedding-because-we-feel-it-would-be-basically-unethical-not-to-say-something talk. WHICH NOBODY WANTS, RIGHT?

Mad
Back to top Go down
Darkmoon
Final Fantasy Whore
Darkmoon

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2008-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Of all the times to be polite ...   Of all the times to be polite ... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 8:01 am

I hate the term "hen's night". Just thought I'd throw that out there. The men get to be "bucks" but we're a bunch of warbling nasty chickens? I want it to be renamed "fox night", goddammit!

P.S. Sorry you have to deal with this person.
Back to top Go down
futureshock
Gestapo Recruit

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Of all the times to be polite ...   Of all the times to be polite ... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 9:30 am

So why is your friend marrying her?
Back to top Go down
Miskatonic
Gestapo Recruit
Miskatonic

PostSubject: Re: Of all the times to be polite ...   Of all the times to be polite ... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 2:22 pm

futureshock wrote:
So why is your friend marrying her?

*cue drunken-ergo-brutal-Miskatonic*

Blunt answer? Because he's a total love, and too spineless/unready to say "It's over" at a period where she's all "hello, this relationship is 5 years old, BUY ME JEWELLERY DAMMIT", so going along with Evil Shedemon's wishes seems like an easier option or something. I don't know. It's one of those situations, you see a really nice person in a relationship with an awful wanker, and as much as you scream OH GOD WHY they continue down the path to horrible, empty marriage. It baffles us all.

/drunk venting
Back to top Go down
Gwynnthiere
Beauty And Brains With A Fetish For Chains
Gwynnthiere

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: Of all the times to be polite ...   Of all the times to be polite ... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 5:27 pm

Then again it could end up like this:

Steve: ... But this time, Jane, I'm gonna put it very, very simply: It's over between us.
Jane: You want us to split up?
Steve: Yes! Oh yes, I do.
Jane: I don't accept.
Steve: What?
Jane: I don't accept it.
Steve: No no, you can't not accept it! I'm breaking up with you.
Back to top Go down
https://escaped.forumotion.net
Vexing
The Tranny Hive-Mind

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Of all the times to be polite ...   Of all the times to be polite ... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 2:00 am

I was stunned I got an invite to her Hen's Night, considering I've met her all of 4 times while drunk and found her extremely annoying (to the point where I spent half the night outside smoking in order to avoid her).
I'm also stunned that she's oblivious to how much people dislike her (she also has a better mustache than anything I could ever grow).
Sorely tempted to go to her Hen's night completely drunk out of my mind and throw up on her, so that I'm never invited to any of her stupid shit again.
Seriously, who the hell organises their Hen Night by firing off a mass email on Facebook to a bunch of people who are barely even acquaintances - and even then, only through her lovely man, not her?
Back to top Go down
iamnotanoctopus
Totally An Octopus...Or A Cupcake
iamnotanoctopus

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Of all the times to be polite ...   Of all the times to be polite ... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 3:46 am

My theory from what you guys are saying is that this chick doesn't have any actual friends, so she's inviting people she has no relationship to so she doesn't look like a douche. 'Cept she totally looks like a douche.
Back to top Go down
Miskatonic
Gestapo Recruit
Miskatonic

PostSubject: Re: Of all the times to be polite ...   Of all the times to be polite ... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 6:23 am

iamnotanoctopus wrote:
My theory from what you guys are saying is that this chick doesn't have any actual friends, so she's inviting people she has no relationship to so she doesn't look like a douche. 'Cept she totally looks like a douche.

This is a totally workable theory.
Back to top Go down
futureshock
Gestapo Recruit

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Of all the times to be polite ...   Of all the times to be polite ... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 6:35 pm

That's a nightmare for your friend. Hopefully he'll come to his senses before he walks down the aisle.

So what else is wrong with her besides being self-centered? I feel sorry for your friend for living with this relationship for 5 years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Of all the times to be polite ...   Of all the times to be polite ... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Of all the times to be polite ...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Escaped! :: General :: Rants!-
Jump to: