Escaped!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Escaped!

A haven for those who have fled from the sheer idiocy of a certain site on the internet. These people have come here to be safe, debate many different topics and just have fun!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Conservative Utopia

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jenn_smithson
Pinko Liberal Feminazi
jenn_smithson

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-08-08

Conservative Utopia Empty
PostSubject: Conservative Utopia   Conservative Utopia Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 12:36 am

I've been reading a lot of what the candidates and their pundits are saying and I just have to say that in my opinion, some conservatives have lost their ever-lovin-mind. I read a quote earlier today blaming "the liberal" for the economic problems we are currently facing and then simultaneously call for conservatives to take back control. That "the liberal" is only interested in using crises, "real or imagined," as a way to force "individuals" to pay more taxes to pay for the solutions to those crises.

First, progressives are not solely responsible for the economic problems we are facing. After 8 years of a conservative President and 6 years of conservative control (which was only ended 2 years ago), statistically (even if you discount common effing sense) conservatives are more to blame for the state of the economy as they have been mostly in charge for a longer period of time.

Second, cutting taxes for corporations and the wealthiest 1% of Americans, which was solely a conservative plan of action, has contributed <i>GREATLY</i> to our enormous deficit which has in turn been used to support cuts in programs which help individuals, especially poor individuals.

But that rant is just my anger and has little to do with the actual purpose of this thread. Sleep --- Yeah, I know, sorry about that.

These people (far-right leaning conservative fucktards) seek to create a conservative utopia if only the dirty stinking "the liberal" will get out of the way. So, let's imagine for a moment that tomorrow we wake up and suddenly all of the progressives are gone - all of the progressive policy makers, politicians, leaders, all gone. (I know that many of us would also be gone in this scenario but just pretend we've somehow been left behind - heehee.)

What would this conservative utopia look like? What would the laws resemble? What would be the impact to business? to the economy? to the environment? to average Americans? to other countries? to citizens of the world? And what do you think your life would be like if they were always successful at what they try to do?

Paint me a picture of what you think this conservative utopia would truly be like. bounce Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Kate
Gestapo Recruit

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2008-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Conservative Utopia   Conservative Utopia Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 8:20 am

Today, Jenn, you have expanded my vocabulary. Thank you! I really did not know that one word before! Wink

As for the content, rather than the linguistic side of your post ... I don't want to drag abortion into everything and I am very much aware that not every conservative person is anti-choice, but I have to say that these people just seem to share the same mentality. There's nothing wrong about having a dream but there's a difference between idealism and utopic fanaticism - and these people are displaying the latter.

You pose some really interesting questions - I'll give them a thought and I'll get back to you after work.
Back to top Go down
The Last Unicorn
The Tainted
The Last Unicorn

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Conservative Utopia   Conservative Utopia Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 1:47 pm

I have often wondered what percisely the people who shriek "Liberal!" like it is a bad word would do if they didn't have the advantages they have recieved becasue of liberals? Do they like clean water to drink? Some commie liberal fought to ensure there were regulations designed to keep it clean, do they like to breath the clean air some bastard liberal fought to ensure they wouldn't be sucking up to much pollution so they don't get lung cancer. Do they like to have wholesome food to eat some godless liberal fought to regulate herbacides and pestacides from poisoning their food and keep processesing safe so the conservative won't be risking food borne illnesses with every meal..and if the conservative gets sick and goes to the doctor they have because they have health insurance some useless liberal fought to ensure they had access to do they really want that to stop?

I really hate the cry of "Liberal!" like being a liberal is a bad thing.
I think the people who do this ought to have to spend a while without the benefits liberals have fought for to give them then lets see where they stand!
Back to top Go down
Scorpi084
The One Who Drinks Bleedy Bear Juice
Scorpi084

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Conservative Utopia   Conservative Utopia Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 6:24 pm

Kate, I find it appropriate to drag abortion into everything. How you treat those you view as the lesser members of society says a lot about you as a person.
Back to top Go down
http://scorpi084.livejournal.com
Kate
Gestapo Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Conservative Utopia   Conservative Utopia Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 7:12 pm

Scorpi084 wrote:
Kate, I find it appropriate to drag abortion into everything. How you treat those you view as the lesser members of society says a lot about you as a person.

That's pretty much how I feel, too, I just didn't want it to look like I'm turning this into an abortion debate only.
Back to top Go down
jenn_smithson
Pinko Liberal Feminazi
jenn_smithson

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Conservative Utopia   Conservative Utopia Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 9:10 pm

Kate wrote:
Scorpi084 wrote:

That's pretty much how I feel, too, I just didn't want it to look like I'm turning this into an abortion debate only.
And that's fine because we all know that one of the first things they would do would be to criminalize all abortion.

Then I think it would be time to get rid of that pesky bill of rights (and, in fact probably the majority of the constitution as well). If not get rid of them, they would be profoundly altered. I envision something along these lines:
1. Ahmerrhica is a christian nation and all christian denominations are welcome as long as they tow the party line at all times. We reserve the right to label any denomination as heretical and deport all known members (even those born here). There will still be a "free" press because we own all the press outlets anyway and they already report what we tell them to. People don't need to assemble or to petition the government because this is a utopia, everyone is happy, and you should all be working overtime without pay for your corporate masters.

2. People can keep their guns and there should be no limits to how many they can purchase, how they are stored, how they are sold, or what models are available to the public for ownership. In fact, everyone is required to arm themselves in some way. If you don't, you're a filthy "liberal" and liberals can now legally be hunted in the streets.

3. If we need to use your personal property or home, to quarter soldiers or for any purpose we deem necessary, we can. Corporations own things and can have privacy. You cannot.

4. You can be searched at any time for any reason. If you weren't hiding something, you wouldn't want to be protected from unlawful searches and seizures. Only those who are hiding something illegal oppose our searches.

5. We don't need indictments for violent crime because it takes too long. As soon as an arrest occurs, they are taken directly to a court and a sentence is required within a couple of days. Taking the 5th amendment is only reserved for corporate CEO's and leaders when they are questioned about their accounting practices, average people must tell the truth even if it means bearing witness against themselves. And with imminent domain, we CAN take your property without a fair price if we can use that property to turn a profit for a corporation who has offshore tax shelters to keep that money away from the government.

6. You will get a speedy trial because it will happen immediately. You aren't entitled to representation unless you can afford it. Why should we have to pay for your law breaking ass? Next time you'll think twice before you do anything whether you can afford representation or not. This is a good deterrent to crime.

7. If you want to sue eachother, you can have a jury trial. But, not if you're suing one of your corporate masters which shouldn't happen at all because we have systematically dismantled tort law in the name of "reform" to protect corporations even when they harm, maim, or destroy citizens or the environment.

8. We no longer need or want this amendment. Bail can be set for any amount for any crime to keep your law breaking ass off of our gated community streets. Cruel and unusual punishment will be redefined loosely through new appeals court casis where good conservatives like us sit on the appeals court already.

9. No longer needed. If we didn't add something in this list, you can't claim it as a right. This list is perfect because we're perfect and we're creating a perfect utopia. No issues will evah arise from this.

10. We're going to do everything in our power to strengthen states rights through this amendment. Excluding states like New York, Massachusetts, Vermont, California, Oregon, Washington which will be emptied of liberals and returned to god-fearing decent folk like us. After a time when we acknowledge the conservativness of these states, then they may be granted access to this amendment.

11. Fuck this. The US Court system is the best, most intelligent, and most logical in the entire world. Therefore, we reserve the right to muddle in everyone elses legal cases by force, if necessary, to ensure that our brand of justice and democracy are spread across the globe.

12. Our corporate masters will put forth the names of candidates they prefer for President and Vice President. The people will vote on our electronic voting machines for a candidate. We will put forth this masquerade every 4 years and after our corporate masters negotiate appropriately, they will decide the winner.

13. Was slavery really so bad? It did help build America who would not have been a super-power without it. If we promise to TRY to keep family groups together, we can have compassionate slavery! You can be assigned to work for a corporation for your whole life and they will take care of all of your needs. It would totally solve the healthcare problems we're facing because the coporation could have like a nurse you could go to when you're sick.

14. All white, English speaking christians born on US soil will be considered citizens as long as they remain christian and do not advocate for equality for any other group. Your citizenship can be revoked if you do not support us in our every whim and decision. No non-white people will be considered citizens no matter how long their ancestors have been living here. You cannot hold any public office without being white, born here, english speaking, and have demonstrated consistent conservative voting records (electronic voting means we can keep tabs on how you vote too!)

15. All white, male, english speaking christians who are at least at the level of manager or owner of corporations/businesses shall be allowed to vote. Voting is reserved for white folks only as the True and natural citizens of this nation.

16. We do have to have income tax to pay for our wars. But we're not going to pay and neither are our corporate friends. If you make below $300,001 a year, you are required to pay all taxes. And to be a little more fair, we're going to have you all pay a flat tax. Poor people who cannot afford the increase, get another job, it's not our problem. This is fair and just for everyone, especially us.

17. Candidates for senate shall be chosen by our coporate masters as to who would benefit them the most. You may vote for one on our machines. And instead of making them waste time campaigning every 6 years, we'll go ahead and make appointments - I mean elected representatives - for life.

18. Hmmm. We resend the 21st Amendment for you common citizens only. We will still enjoy alcohol and liquor but we need you to work for your corporate masters and alcohol makes you less effective. No booze for you.

19. Women don't need to vote because they don't need to be involved in politics. They have god-given roles of caring for and raising children. You cannot do that effectively if you're out of the house for hours at a time voting. Stay at home and be good wives and mothers. That's your job effective immediately.

20. We're going to increase terms for service to office. I mean, what good is it to get into office with the threat of being removed a mere 4 years later. You won't even see your programs come into effect. We'll do some research about term length with our corporate buddies and get back to you.

21. Resended for you.

22. Along with the 20th, we'll get back to you on this one after some market research.

23. Why does DC need to vote anyway? No one actually lives there, it's just a place to go to work during the week. No vote, not necessary.

24. We don't need a poll tax because we're going to ensure that only the people we like are voting anyway.

25. If the President is taken down, the VP will be next in line. After that, our corporate friends will help select a suitable replacement.

26. Voting age is set to 35 with the previously mentioned controls also in place. The kids don't need to vote, most of them don't anyway. They're better seen fighting our wars than voting anyway.

27. We resent this amendment. It's absurd to think that elected officials must wait to vote for their own pay increases. Their pay has to keep pace with the cost of living and campaigning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's a start that I think is likely.
Back to top Go down
Kate
Gestapo Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Conservative Utopia   Conservative Utopia Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 10:35 pm

It's kind of a V for Vendetta/1984 scenario.

Eh, I hate Thursdays, I've worked for 11 hours today and I'm getting up in like 5 hours to go to work again so I realy need to get off and leave my reply for tommorow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conservative Utopia   Conservative Utopia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Conservative Utopia
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Escaped! :: Debates :: Political Issues-
Jump to: